Free Evening and Weekend Parking Downtown
On Monday, December 15, 2014, Nanaimo City Council voted unanimously to sanction free evening and weekend parking in downtown Nanaimo. The decision came after a request from the Downtown Nanaimo Business Improvement Association (DNBIA) to support free evening and weekend parking downtown Nanaimo.
Free Evening and Weekend Parking Downtown Nanaimo Summarized
- On-street meters shall be free evenings from 5pm to 8am the following day and Saturdays. This will be in addition to free parking provided at the meters on Sundays and statutory holidays.
- The Bastion Street Parkade located at (236 Bastion Street) – Free parking from Friday evenings at 5pm until Monday mornings at 8am. Evenings at this parkade are also free from 5pm to 8am the following day.
- City surface parking lots located throughout the Downtown and Old City Quarter also have free evening and weekend parking
- 340 Wallace Street
- 299 Selby Street
- 35 Cavan Street
- 95 Cavan Street
- 150 Comox Road (Maffeo Sutton Park)
- Free Parking 7 days a week at 350 Prideaux & 87 Nicol St.
- The Harbourfront Parkade and Port of Nanaimo Centre Parkade shall remain as pay parking 7 days a week.
- While parking is provided free of charge at the meters, the 2 hour time limit will continue to be in effect. All signed, 2 hour zones shall remain in effect 7 days a week.
For more information on parking downtown please visit www.nanaimo.ca Parking