Introduction to the Alexander Technique — 2.5 hour workshop
Use practical experiments to learn to. . .
– Notice tightening
– Release muscle tension
– Re-establish better balance
– Move more efficiently.
Learn about your body’s design, including. . .
– Primary Control of co-ordination
– Centers of balance
– Skeletal support structure
– Anti-gravity reflex system
Learn techniques to practice at home. . .
– Moment by moment reminders
– Incorporating support, ease, and balance
– Semi-supine work
– Applying the A.T. to specific activity
“I didn’t believe that such a simple set of techniques could have such a profound effect on me both physically and mentally.” – Jeremy
“. . . I have gained bodily awareness, insight into limiting habits, practical ways of dealing with stress and tension in my body and a better quality of life due to her teachings.” – Vashti
“The Alexander Technique. . .has been wonderfully life changing in so many ways.” – Cheryl
Heather Walker 250-716-3464
Certified teacher of the Alexander Technique
Faculty, V.S.O. School of Music, Vancouver
New studio in Nanaimo, B.C.